A Party In the Park
A birthday celebration, Vanilla Pod style
Situated in the heart of Ascot and conveniently located just across the road from Vanilla Pod Cake & Deli Cafe, Oriel Park is one of Brisbane's hidden gems; an oasis of shady trees and fun for kids of all ages.
Setting up in the shade of the magnificent trees that dot the park, our location provided enough grass for our little guests to run and explore as well as shade from the warm Autumn sun.
The theme for this celebration was bright and poppy, drawing inspiration from confetti and a desire to create an air of celebration and fun for the young party guests.
Vanilla Pod's signature cupcakes with cream cheese frosting (iced in bright pops of colour) and some novel icecream cone cakepops, were the perfect addition to the party spread.
For the older guests, a selection of classic Vanilla Pod slices were a moreish snack (particularly popular amongst the Dads in the group!) and Zentveld's coffee provided the necessary early morning caffeine fix.
Situated just five minutes from the CBD and with a great array of amenities including barbecues and bathrooms, as well as a seriously fun playground, it's no wonder that Oriel Park is a favourite for kids parties; a great place to celebrate another milestone with your children or laze away the weekend. And with Vanilla Pod right next door it's the perfect spot to enjoy your favourite sweet treats!
Start planning your park party today with delicious treats from Vanilla Pod Specialty Cake Kitchen and be sure to drop into Vanilla Pod Cake & Deli Cafe to grab a coffee and any last minute goodies on the day.
For more information on Ascot's Oriel Park visit Brisbane City Council.
Contact our friends at Unique Party Shop for all your party needs, and receive 10% off when you mention Vanilla Pod!
Carla's Top Five Kids Party Tips
- Get in early to reserve a spot for your party, especially on weekends
- Check with your guests and their little ones to ensure that you are aware of any food allergies
- Don't go overboard! Remember sometimes less is more, and that hundreds of sweet options may look amazing on a table spread but will overwhelm the littlest party guests and probably just go to waste.
- Balance the sweet with savoury or healthy (sliced fruit for example).
- Ensure that you cater for the big kids at the party, especially the Dads who are always hungry!