Christmas at Vanilla Pod is about family, friends, and of course food.
Brisbane's warmer weather over summer, calls for recipes that are light and fresh. Scott's Peach and Rocket Salad is the perfect option. Featuring gorgeous seasonal produce, it's quick and easy to make and enjoyable to share with friends and family.
Let Vanilla Pod fill your table this Christmas, visit our Christmas store to place your order.
Peach & Rocket Salad
2 x ripe yellow flesh peaches
150g fresh rocket
1 x block Reggiano
50g pinenuts 1 x small red onion
1 x Baghdad poppyseed dressing from Vanilla Pod Cake & Deli Cafe
1. Place the pine nuts in a frying pan on a low heat and toast until golden brown. Allow to cool completely.
2. Peel, cut in half and finely slice the red onion.
3. Cut peaches in half, twist to separate, remove the seed and slice into medium wedges.
4. Gently position rocket on a platter ensuring it keeps its volume and body.
5. Position the peach wedges on and amongst the rocket, followed by the sliced onion, generous shavings of the reggiano, and a healthy sprinkling of the toasted pine nuts.
6. Dress with generous splashes of the poppyseed dressing.
Note: Can be made up to 24hours in advance undressed – dress when serving